What Inspires Donors to Give to Your Endowment?
This week on The Responsive Weekly, we were joined by Courtney Dean and Phil Waara from eCIO who showed us what donors want to see in an investment program, counseled us away from common nonprofit investment pitfalls, and taught us a lot about promoting endowments.
What Donors Want to See in an Investment Program: The Quick Summary
Promoting Your Endowment’s Investment Program with Donors: 3 Key Things They Want to See: The Whole Session
- Transparency builds trust
- Donors want to see an enduring investment program with:
- Strong governance & structure to support board and staff turnover
- Investment solutions that meet short and long-term needs and objectives
- Communication that supports transparency and oversight groupʼs fiduciary responsibilities
- Build your practices, policies, and procedures to work over the long term, with an emphasis on clarity and documentation
More From This Session
Here’s the full story from this week’s Generosity Report
Want a Virtuous demo? Sign up today!
The Responsive Weekly is a community of thinkers and doers who are focused on creating better donor experiences and more successful nonprofits. We meet every Thursday at 12 PM ET to discuss the latest topics and trends in fundraising and nonprofits. We hope you’ll join us!