Are you planning to text your donors at year-end?
Texting can be a very effective communication channel, with great open rates and engagement. But how do you get the most out of text messaging, especially at year-end? To answer this question, James Martin of Rally Corp joined us this week on The Responsive Weekly to share his top tips for texting.
The Quick Summary
- Get the fundamentals in place before you start texting. You need to be able to segment your audience, and your website and donation forms should be mobile-friendly.
- Start by looking at last year’s campaign to see what worked, which communications resonated, and how you can improve this year. Then set a goal.
- Start early, and warm up your list. Begin with gratitude and information, before you solicit.
- Segment and personalize your outreach
- Use video and multimedia to get your story across
- Use UTM links and short links to measure results
- Share the results. If you reach a goal, get a match, or have an update, let your supporters know!