What should you be doing on social?
Social media and digital strategy hold the potential for growth, community, and revenue for nonprofits…but what should you be doing, exactly? How do you get the results you want with the time you have? Where should you put your resources and attention?
This week on The Responsive Weekly, Dana Snyder of Positive Equation joined us for an “Ask Me Anything” session on social media and digital strategy. She shared tips for getting the most out of your platforms, making strategic decisions, staffing social media positions, and more.
Valuable Virtual Conference Experiences: The Quick Summary
- You don’t have to be active on every platform. Pick the ones where your audience is most active.
- Suit your content to what the platform prioritizes
- Humanize your language on social media, aim for a person-to-person tone instead of being institutional and formal
- Set a goal for each post–what are you trying to do? Start a conversation? Educate your followers? Turn a follower into a donor?
- Use templates to make more content quickly and easily.
- Staff social media roles with purpose and clarity
Want more from Dana? Check out her Missions to Movements podcast, or join her workshop at the Responsive Nonprofit Summit.