Does your nonprofit accept crypto donations?
If you’re mystified by crypto donations, you’re certainly not alone.
This week on The Responsive Weekly, Dawn Galasso of Pursuant/Giving DNA, joined us to make the case for accepting crypto and explain who crypto donors are, and how to identify, cultivate, and steward them.
The Quick Summary
- Just like accepting gifts of stock does not require you to become an expert on the stock market, accepting gifts of cryptocurrency does not require you to become a crypto expert. Accepting a donation does not require trading in cryptocurrency.
- Who are crypto donors? Dawn recommends looking to your data for:
- Younger men (under age 45)
- With higher than average income (the average crypto donor has an income of $110,000)
- Who are digitally responsive
- And already philanthropic
- Because crypto donors tend to be wealthier than average, receiving a crypto gift is a good signal of greater giving capacity.
- Most crypto donations are anonymous. When you solicit crypto gifts, encourage donors to tell you who they are so you can thank them personally and steward the relationship.